Wayne A. Cohen, MD, FACOG
Dr. Cohen has been providing excellent obstetrics and gynecology services to his patients in Sarasota since 1996. He is a board-certified Gynecologist and a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He is currently the Medical Director for the Venice and Sarasota Medical Pregnancy Centers, which are non-profit pregnancy counseling services, assisting pregnant women in need or crisis. Dr. Cohen has been married for 28 years and has 2 grown children. He enjoys an active dedication to his church and faith-based activities.
- Harlem Hospital, Affiliate of Columbia Presbyterian Hospital – OB/GYN Residency
- University of West Indies, Jamaica – Medical School
- 3D High-Definition Surgery
- da Vinci Robotic Surgery
- Essure Tubal Occlusion
- MyoSure Hysteroscopy
- Novasure Endometrial Ablation
Board Certified: Board-Certified OB/GYN
- Director, Sarasota Medical Pregnancy Center
- Fellow, American College of OB/GYN
- Member, Sarasota County Medical Society
Leila Sakhai, MD
Dr. Sakhai is originally from West Virginia. She is the mother of two young men. The oldest son has recently made her a proud grandmother! She enjoys traveling, playing tennis, woodcarving, gardening and spending time with family. Florida was always a second home to her and she is very glad to call Sarasota her new full time home.
She is very dedicated to making every patient feel comfortable and cared for. It is so important to be able to communicate with your doctor effectively and Dr. Sakhai will listen and take the time needed to make that happen.
- Marshall University, Huntington, WV – Undergraduate
- Marshall University Joan C Edwards School of Medicine, Huntington, WV – Medical School
- West Virginia University, Charleston, WV – OB/GYN Residency
- Board Certified: Board-Certified OB/GYN
- Woman’s Reproductive Tract
- Pregnancy and Childbirth
Katrina Davis, MD, FACOG
Dr. Davis’s special interests include treatment of painful bladder syndrome, pelvic floor prolapse, urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, robotic laparoscopy, and treatment of all gynecologic issues.
- Jackson State University – Undergraduate
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine – Medical School
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences – OB/GYN Residency
- Pelvic Surgery
- Board Certification:
- Board-Certified Urogynecologist, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- International Academy of Pelvic Surgery
- American Urogynecologic Society
- Arkansas Medical Dental & Pharmaceutical Association
- Diplomate, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist
Christopher Hicks, MD
As a physician who specializes in obstetrics and gynecology, Dr. Christopher Hicks has recently joined Sarasota Ob Gyn Associates and their great team of physicians.
During his residency at Bridgeport Hospital in Connecticut he was trained in minimally invasive gynecologic procedures including conventional laparoscopy and daVinci robotic surgery. Dr. Hicks enjoys challenging cases and comes to us with extensive experience caring for complex patients and high risk obstetrics. “My passion has always been to provide quality health care to women during some of the most special times in their lives. Being an OB GYN is the most rewarding job I could have chosen.”
Dr. Hicks was born and raised in Miami and is thrilled to be back in Florida. He and his wife Dr. Stoltzman along with their 10 month old daughter are excited to call Sarasota their home. Dr. Hicks enjoys fishing and paddle boarding and is enjoying settling in to our beautiful community!
Lyvie-Sara Sylvestre, MD
Dr. Sylvestre is originally from Haiti but has claimed Florida as her home since moving to United States as a teenager. She is a life-long learner who practices evidence-based medicine that is patient-centered. Dr. Sylvestre is known to be charismatic by her peers and her patients. Her educational background and her hobbies make her a true renaissance woman. She enjoys traveling, learning different languages and cultures, playing multiple musical instruments and sports, web designing, community service and of course spending time with her family
- University of Florida –BS Interdisciplinary Studies with Specialization in Integrative Biology
- The Florida State University College of Medicine—MS in Biomedical Sciences and MD degrees
- Bayfront Health St Petersburg, FL –OB/GYN Post Graduate Residency
- High Risk Obstetrics
- Benign Gynecology
- Minimal Invasive Gynecological Surgery –Laparoscopy and Robotic
- Office Procedures
- Preventive Medicine
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL)
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Society of Gynecologic Surgeons (SGS)
Bio coming soon
Beth Hinkelman, APRN, RNC, MPH
Beth has worked continuously in women's care for the past 30 years and is board-certified by the National Certification Corporation for Gynecologic Nursing Specialties. She is a dedicated exercise enthusiast and in the past competed in both figure and bodybuilding competitions. She has been married for 30 years and enjoys outdoor adventure travels and high-altitude wilderness trekking.
- University of Central Florida - Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Emory University - Nurse Practitioner Program
- University of South Florida - Masters of Public Health in Maternal and Child Health
- Menopausal Management
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Reproductive Health
- North American Menopause Society
Elizabeth Gutierrez, ARNP, CNM
Elizabeth has been certified by the American Midwifery Certification Board since 2007. After seeing her first delivery in nursing school, she knew she wanted to become a Nurse Midwife. Elizabeth has been married for 8 years and has 2 children. When she is not working, she enjoys running, swimming, playing with her kids, and spending time with her family.
- Florida State University – Undergraduate
- University of Florida – Master’s in Nurse Midwifery
- Certified Nurse Midwife
Paulina Lamb, ARNP
Paulina is a Nurse Practitioner specializing in Women's Health and has been practicing as of 2007. Since the age of 9, Paulina has called Sarasota her home. She lives here with her husband of 4 years and their daughter.
- University of Florida – Undergraduate
- University of Miami - Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- University of Miami – Masters of Science in Nursing
Tonya Fenzl, CNM
Tonya has been caring for women and infants for more than 25 years. She has traveled to Haiti with Mission Possible and to Somali Land in Africa where she met her hero, Edna Aden, and trained midwives to care for women all over Africa. Tonya finds it very rewarding to help women understand their bodies and their health throughout their years. Tonya is married and has 5 children and is very excited to be here in Sarasota, changing one life at a time.
- Frontier Nursing University, Kentucky
- Certified Nurse Midwife
Sarah Blinn, CNM
Sarah is a native of Connecticut but has been living in Florida for 10 years now. She attended the University of Miami and is a proud Miami Hurricane! She has been working as a nurse since 2012 and a Certified Nurse Midwife since 2017. It has been a lifelong dream of Sarah's to deliver babies, especially after learning she was named after the midwife who delivered her! She is passionate about providing personalized care to all of her patients and wants to hear all about your pregnancy experience. When she is not working you can find her enjoying all that Sarasota has to offer with her husband, daughter and 2 dogs.
• University of Miami
Haley Dowdy, APRN
Haley is a native to the Sarasota/Bradenton area. She specializes in gynecology but also loves her prenatal and postpartum patients. She has been with our team since 2017. Haley loves working with women and providing compassionate care. On her off time she enjoys spending time with her family, and soaking up the Florida sunshine.
• University of South Florida- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
• South University- Masters of Science in Nursing